White Apple Passion

White Apple Passion
for Health & Passion in Life

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tomorrow--Surgery Day

My Journal * "They" tell you when you are going through cancer treatments, you need to eat good and healthy as well as get "lots of rest".  "Excuse me"?!  Since I found out about the "C" word being a part of MY life, I have easily managed to lose my "hearty" appetite, and I have become the "Queen" of tossing and turning in bed on an hourly nightly basis.  Obviously, not only the anticipation of cancer treatments, not to mention experiencing cancer treatments, is in itself a new possibly difficult challenge, but the normal "tasks" of everyday life such as eating and sleeping can sometimes prove to be easier said than done.  Not to worry...this has made me think...I have figured out that surgery day may not be so bad after all.  I can not eat or drink anything after midnight tonight.  I am scheduled to be at the hospital to check in at 9am.  Surgery will not begin until noon.  I will be sedated at that time. This means there will be at least two good things happening on this day. When I wake up from surgery, I will probably be REALLY hungry with a hearty appetite ready to "devour" anything they place in front of me...AND, the best part of the whole day, and what I am SO looking forward to is taking a really good nap!  That is a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. i was just checking to see what's up and I'm right on the heels of this post! I will bethinking of you tomorrow and sending lots of good wishes your way!
    :^)e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, please know you are surrounded by our prayers and by the love of God. You are an amazing person...hang in there. Ron

    ReplyDelete