White Apple Passion

White Apple Passion
for Health & Passion in Life

Friday, February 27, 2015

Alzheimer's...Mom...and me...





* My Journal * We (Mom) are now in the latter stages of Alzheimers.  We have been through...it seems like a million different stages and phases of the disease.  Even though Mom is in such a detrimental state, a part of it is easier than earlier spells of this unfortunate path.  No more anger or arguing….no more paranoia...no worries about leaving the house and getting lost...and... no more confusing and disastrous frustration.  It doesn’t mean I like this chapter any better.  I don’t.  She is bed ridden.  She hasn’t been able to do anything as simple as drinking from a glass of juice, on her own, for years. She’s a pathetic mess.  Sometimes the most haunting parts of visiting an Alzheimer’s unit of a nursing home is not what you see, but it’s the sounds and noises that come from all over the unit among it’s patients. It can be quite disturbing.  I have a small bit of a movie visiting Mom.  Even though she would not approve, I find it important to reveal and expose a little part of her world.  Some day I hope it makes a difference... and it might turn in to being a good thing.  I love you Mom.

1 comment:

  1. She's in there, Jan . . . And she loves you, too.❤️

    ReplyDelete